Epilators are convenient tool for women that allow you to do hair removal at the comfort of your home, in much convenient way than shaving, waxing, or lasers. Whether you are looking for upper lip or facial hair or trimming your bikini line, a best epilators for women gives you smooth and hair free skin.
Epilators have rotating wheel of multiple tweezers that pull out your hair from the root as you move it across your skin. Buying an Epilator can be tricky since you need to consider a few things before opting for one. Like if it’s cordless or corded, the tweezers numbers, smart light feature, or what other attachments it has. So how to find out which Epilator is best ?
We have considered all the mentioned factors for a durable best performing Epilator and compiled a list of best Epilator for women available in the Indian market. After all, no one would want their first investment on an epilator machine go in vain.
- Best Epilator for women
- 1. Philips Epilator BRE245/00 Corded (Best Epilator for underarms)
- 2. Braun Wet and Dry Epilator Cordless( best for bikini and underarms )
- 3. Philips Cordless Epilator BRE635
- 4. Braun Silk-Pil 9 9-579 Wet and Dry Cordless Epilator ( best epilator for armpits )
- 5. Braun Silk Epil 5/5185 Epilator
- 6. Philips BRE235/00 Corded Compact Epilator for gentle hair removal at home
- 7. Philips BRE635 Satinelle Cordless Epilator
- 8. Philips HP6521/01 Epilator
- 9. Braun Series S5340 Silk Epil Epilator – 1 Count
- 10. Panasonic White Women’s Wet and Dry Epilator Shaver
- The Verdict
- Epilator Buying guide
- Frequently asked questions
- Epilator vs waxing , which one is better?
- Which is best epilator Barun or Philips?
- I have never epilated before – how should I go about it?
- How should I prepare my skin before using epilator?
- Does more hair grow back if I epilate?
- Is epilation painful?
- Can I epilate if I have sensitive skin?
- Can I epilate everywhere?
- How can I avoid ingrown hairs?
- How long will the epilation results last?
Best Epilator for women
1. Philips Epilator BRE245/00 Corded (Best Epilator for underarms)
Equipped with an efficient and capable epilation system, Philips epilator can pull out the hairs from the root painlessly. With numerous tweezers, additional shaving heads and comb, you can easily do close shaving and remove hair gently from various parts of your body. Due to its compact size, this Philips Epilator is perfect to use for underarms.
There are 2-speed setting that enable you to set it according to your requirement for thinner or thicker hair removal. Profiled and ergonomic grip makes it easier for you to handle the epilator. The 1.8 metres long wire allows you to use it more freely. It’s suitable on both dry and wet surfaces. The Philips Epilator parts are washable and help you to maintain proper hygiene.
You get a full 2-year warranty which can be extended upon request as well.
- 100% waterproof and hygienic
- Easy to handle and clean
- Leaves a soft and smooth skin
- Doesn’t require shaving cream or waxing kit
- Suitable for all skin type
- Expandable warranty
- Works both as a shaver and an epilator
- Time-consuming. Requires multiple coverages of the same area.
- Not recommended for facial hairs.
2. Braun Wet and Dry Epilator Cordless( best for bikini and underarms )
Braun Silk-Epil 77-561 is a premium wet and dry epilator that is best epilator for bikini and underarms. Works with the power of 40 tweezers that can pull out even the tiniest hair of the size of 0.5 mm. The revolving head helps you to adjust the epilator according to the curves of your body.
This one works efficiently on both wet and dry surfaces but it’s recommended to use after applying lukewarm water on the skin. It provides a comforting and calming hair removal experience. The high-definition smart light feature cast a certain amount of light upon every hair to ensure better functionality.
It’s cordless and comes with a chargeable battery makes it very convenient and easy to handle. Includes 8 other types of equipment including a bikini line trimmer. Comes with a 2-year warranty. Overall, it’s a wholesome package.
- Premium quality and design
- Cordless and convenient
- Waterproof body
- Smooth removal experience
- A complete package with extra attachable equipment.
- Requires often charging
- Price is slightly higher
This cordless epilator is perfectly designed for people-centric use. The ceramic surface along with the super-fast rotating disc ensures a dynamic composition. The hair removal process is much faster and swifter with Philips BRE635.
Equipped with several attachments including skin stretcher cap, facial cap, trimming comb and a shaving head. It stretches and tightens the skin during the process ensuring a better shaving experience. This epilator can easily adjust with your body curves and the 30 mm wide head makes it a much convenient hair removal chore. The S-shaped handle makes it much easier to hold and use.
Due to the waterproof design, you can use it even during the bath. An opti light feature is included that cast flash on the skin to detect and remove even the tiniest hairs of your skin. The facial hair removal cap is much gentler in action. A 2-year warranty is provided as well.
- Powerful hair removal mechanisms
- Smart light for effective hair spotting
- The body design is easy to handle and use
- Skin tightening ensures smoother skin
- Waterproof body
- Long battery life
- Time-consuming since it requires several times of rubbing while removing thicker hairs
- A bit noisy at times
4. Braun Silk-Pil 9 9-579 Wet and Dry Cordless Epilator ( best epilator for armpits )
Another premium entry from Braun is going to offer you up to 4 weeks of smooth skin. This cordless epilator comes with close-grip tweezers that can easily remove even the tiniest of hairs (0.5 mm) especially from armpits area. It works gently on your skin and is most efficient on short hairs.
Comes with 5 additional attachments including a purple/massaging that makes piling shorter hairs quite easier. Best if used in the shower. The armpit attachment conveniently adjusts with the sensitive curves of your body like bikini and underarms.
Also, features a trimmer head that gets the job done quite decently. You get a facial cleansing brush for a better cleansing experience. The smart light feature allows you to see and remove hair from hard-to-reach body parts making it one of the best epilator for armpits.
- Enhanced comfort of epilation
- 4x shorter hair than wax
- Useful attachments for efficient hair removal even from sensitive and tricky areas
- Pivoting head and pulsating active vibration for extra-gentle care
- Powerful yet with no overheating issues.
- Bit Costlier
This corded epilator for women comes with an extra gentle epilation mechanism that includes high frequency massaging rollers and a cooling glove. It stimulates the skin effectively to maximise your skin comfort. The 40 close-grip tweezers ensure better removal of the shortest of hairs leaving a soothing skin after epilation.
Completely waterproof and washable for maintaining better hygiene. The 2-speed setting control allows you to adjust the epilation according to your requirement. Its trimmer and epilation head can be disembodied, which helps in cleaning the insides as well.
The Braun Silk Epil 5/5185 comes with a pivoting head that can bend up to 15 degrees back and front. It helps in adapting to your body contours and provides an effortless hair removal experience. Excellent to be used for bikini and underarms. The smart light function is there to ensure a convenient epilation process. A 2-year brand warranty is given.
- The massaging rollers and cooling gloves soothes the skin quite efficiently
- Removes even the tiniest of hairs
- Up to 4 weeks of skin smoothness
- Extended warranty
- Completely washable
- Not powerful enough for thicker hairs
This corded epilator works efficiently and leaves your skin smooth and stubble-free for a long period. The epilation disks and tweezing disks ensure a gentle removal process which is efficient enough to remove even 0.5 mm hairs.
With a 15V power consumption, the epilation capability is decent enough. There 2 speed controls for thicker and thinner hairs. The epilation head is removable and you can wash it regularly for extra hygiene. Also, features a sensitive cap to remove hair from underarm and bikini lines.
Even though it removes hair from the root, the entire epilation process is smooth and quite painless compared to waxing. The 2-year warranty ensures the quality of the product.
- Compact and easy to use
- The long cord gives you flexibility
- Powerful epilation
- Washable and extra hygienic
- Extended warranty
- Necessary attachments included
- A bit noisy during operation
The Philips epilator BRE635 is an all-rounder hair removal epilator that comes with several attachments. It features facial and delicate area caps and several other shaving equipment that can remove even 4x shorter hairs.
The shaving head is wide enough for faster and better results. Trimming comb is there for a close shave. The facial area cap ensures a gentle epilation experience. This cordless epilator runs on a Lithium-ion battery which is chargeable within 1.5 hours and provides up to 40 minutes of usage time.
The 2-speed settings provide flexibility to adjust according to your requirement. The superior grip makes it easier to hold and handle during the operation. Philips claims to ensure a 4 weeks hair-free skin with this product and they provide a 2-year warranty as well.
- Efficient and gentle facial hair removal cap
- Faster hair removal due to the disk rotation of 2200 RPM
- Longer usage time on a single charge
- Ensures a tightened and smooth skin after epilation due to the skin stretcher
- Easy to hold and handle
- 2-year warranty
- Requires a bit longer time to charge
- Time-consuming while doing the underarms
This wet and dry epilator from Philips for women is a complete package that comes with several handy attachments. The gentle tweezing discs can easily remove tiniest of hairs without pulling your skin or any discomfort.
There is an exfoliation brush that contains hypoallergenic bristles that ensure optimal hygiene. You can easily handle both wet or dry surfaces and it fits perfectly in the hand. The vibrating massage bar gently stimulates and soothes your skin and provides a pleasant epilation process.
Sensitive area cap allows you to shave or epilate delicate areas like underarms and bikini lines. Two-speed controls are there to set it according to your need. The epilation head is detachable and fully washable under running water. Works perfectly under the shower as well.
- Quick and smooth epilation process
- Vibrating massage bar is there to soothe your skin
- Suitable to use under the shower
- Several attachments for various requirements
- Powerful epilation
- Don’t comes with manufacturer warranty
This durable epilator for women by Braun comes with a 3 in 1 feature functions including epilator, bikini trimmer, and shaver. The head consisting of 40 tweezers leaves a smooth finish after epilation.
The S5340 has 2-speed settings on the front panel that allows you to adjust it according to your requirement. The body design is ergonomic which makes it quite easier to use and handle.
The power indicator informs you about power consumption and makes it convenient to use. The cooling glove ensures your skin is soothed properly after epilation. Apart from other essential attachments, a small brush is provided as well for easy cleaning.
- Comes with several head attachments
- Cooling glove soothes the skin after epilation
- Power indicator LED lights
- Removes hair from roots with efficiency
- Effective speed control
- Not recommended for facial hair removal
Features a dual-disc epilation head with 48 rotating tweezers that firmly capture, hold, and extract hair from the roots quite efficiently. The gliding and smooth-pivot epilator head can tilt up to 30 degrees backward and forward while easily adjusting according to your body contours. Ensures maximum hair removal with minimal discomfort.
Comes with 6 attachments for a full-body care including a shaver head, epilator gentile cap and head, bikini comb and pedicure buffer making it perfect choice of epilator for women. Dual speed mode is there for different types of hair. The Philips HP6521/01 has hypoallergenic stainless-steel blades covered with protective foil cover specifically designed for sensitive skin.
Panasonic epilator is completely waterproof and easily washable whenever you feel comfortable. The built-in LED lights to illuminate hard-to-see areas making it easier to shave and epilate. The battery takes about an hour to charge and provide up to 30 mins of usage time.
- Skin protector caps work quite efficiently
- Pivoting head makes it easier to remove hair comfortably
- LED lights for a clearer view
- 6 useful attachments for various requirements
- Completely washable and hygienic
- Suitable for ingrown hairs
- The battery’s operational time is less in comparison
All the above-listed best epilator for women have their unique sets of advantages and features. They will provide a commendable solution to your hair removal requirement with absolute efficiency. However, if you’re looking for a complete cordless epilator with all the necessary features, go for Braun Silk-Epil 7 7-561 Wet and Dry Epilator.
If you’re on a short budget yet want an effective hair removal solution, go for Philips BRE245/00 Corded Compact Epilator. If the warranty is not an issue, the Panasonic White Women’s Wet and Dry Epilator Shaver is a definite recommendation.
Now, it’s up to decide what to opt for. Determine your requirements and preferences to decide on your first pick.
Epilator Buying guide
Following are the key things to keep in mind while you are about to buy epilators for women usages.
Note: For long hair, you need to trim it out first before you run it over with epilator because the teeth of these epilator device is quite short.
- Corded Vs Cordless
Cordless epilators have batteries and runs about 30 minutes on a single charge. You have to replace them once the power drains out. If you use rechargeable batteries then you can use same batteries multiple times and these batteries take 1 hour to recharge.
If you epilate more often, then you should choose for corded or rechargeable models. Cordless epilators often drains out during process. But corded epilators maintain consistent power.
Cordless epilator gives gentle experience in your shower or bath .You can use them for best convenience.
- Tweezers count
An epilators are made of tiny, automatic rotating tweezers whose count can be as high as 72 for high precision. Tweezers pull out your hair from the root as you move it across your skin. Epilator with more tweezer helps you in quick epilation.
- Dry or Wet epilator
Epilation works essentially by grabbing on to the hairs and physically pulling them from the skin. This makes epilation best to do in the shower because the steam helps open the hair follicles.
Wet and dry epilators are waterproof and can be used in shower. These epilators give you much convenient experience by gently removing hair from root.
- Accessories like delicate area cap, messaging cap
For more gentleness in different body areas it includes a delicate area cap for hair from underarm and bikini. It makes easy to move epilators in corners and curves.
Vibrating massaging cap adds comfort to your epilation experience. A high frequency massage system stimulates the skin and effectively soothes the plucking sensation during epilation to maximize your skin comfort.
- Wide epilator head
Extra wide epilator head covers more skin with every stroke for faster hair removal.
- Speed Settings
Different speed setting is required while epilating different body parts. Stiff areas like thighs and arms require fast speed setting while for bikini area and underarm area, slow speeds are better. Most of the epilators comes in 2-speed setting to remove thinner and thicker hairs.
Frequently asked questions
Epilator vs waxing , which one is better?
Waxing is a process in which warm wax is used to remove the hair follicle from the hair shaft by mechanical force. While epilation can be used for all hair types, it is best suited for coarse, straight hair.
Epilators are designed for better performance of hair removal than waxing. Epilators comes with unique textured ceramic surface that extract finest hairs up to 4 times shorter than wax. Its faster disc rotation 2200+ RPM makes this hair removal much efficient.
Compared to Waxing, the epilation is smooth, you get a slight tingling sensation and if you use the massage cap, it’s comforting even more.
Which is best epilator Barun or Philips?
Barun less noisy than philips.
I have never epilated before – how should I go about it?
Take it easy, epilation is a piece of cake! Braun’s Silk-épil epilators are the perfect choice for first-time users. Their active massage rollers softly stimulate your skin with micro pulsations before and after removing the hair, leaving your skin more relaxed. Also, the handy Smart Light guides you, lighting up even the tiniest, finest hair for a no-missed-hair-removal finish. All Silk-épils have a flexible head that pivots 15 degrees back and forth, to easily adapt to all your curves making epilation much easier, more comfortable and more thorough. A piece of cake!
How should I prepare my skin before using epilator?
3 simple steps to get your skin ready for epilators
1. Take a plunge – A warm shower leaves skin squeaky clean and totally relaxed. When cuddling up to rubber ducky, keep the water warm, but not too hot, to avoid drying out your delicate skin.
2. Exfoliate – While splashing around, exfoliating your skin will make epilation gentler and help you avoid those dreaded ingrown hairs.
3. Rub it down! – Rubbing your skin with a dry towel helps hairs stand up for a flawless finish. Of course, some stubborn hairs always lay flat, so Braun’s Silk-épil SoftLift system ensures these short, stubborn hairs are guided right to the tweezers.
Does more hair grow back if I epilate?
No, this has been proven in dermatological tests. In fact, studies show that ongoing epilation reduces the amount of hair regrowth.
Is epilation painful?
Comfort is number 1. Silk-épil 5 includes an ice glove and all Silk-épils have an integrated massage system that stimulates other nerves for an extra-gentle epilation.
Can I epilate if I have sensitive skin?
The beautiful truth is that the tweezers remove only the hair, without pulling or irritating the skin, making epilation the perfect choice for cold or dry seasons.
Can I epilate everywhere?
You can, for convenience better to use different attachments designed for different body parts (depending on which epilator you buy), this makes it easy to get superior results even in those sensitive areas like bikini or underarm.
How can I avoid ingrown hairs?
An ingrown hair has curled backwards growing towards the follicle, often creating a small bump. This phenomenon is commonly the result of too-close shaving.
To avoid ingrown hairs, exfoliate regularly to remove dead skin cells and “clear the path” so hair grows in the direction it’s supposed to!
However, avoid exfoliating directly before or after epilating as this could put too much strain on your skin.
How long will the epilation results last?
Epilation gives you smooth skin that lasts up to 4 weeks. Unlike surface methods like shaving creams, because epilation removes hair from the root, it takes 4-6 weeks to regenerate. And over time, your hair grows back softer and finer.