Patented in 1852 by two french inventors as an idea of making a coffee pot with a press action and a filter, French Press coffee maker is an non electric coffee maker. French press coffee maker comes in just two parts, a plunger and carafe, yet brings rich taste, smoothness, indulgence to your coffee than what most drip machines can deliver.
French presses are immersion brewers which means the coffee grounds are soaked in hot water first for 3 to 5 minutes before plunging, rather than water being poured through the grounds as in case of traditional coffee maker. Undoubtedly it requires added effort, frequent cleaning and you can make smaller quantity in one go, yet French presses are affordable, compact, and stylish. They are great for personal use and also come in sizes large enough for whole families.
In this article we have reviewed some of the best available French press coffee maker in Indian market and you can for as per your suitability. So take a bit more patience your coffee is about to get ready.
- Best French Press coffee maker India
- Frequently Asked Questions
- French Press coffee maker buying guide
Best French Press coffee maker India
The French press system has always been the simplest and ultimate way of brewing an excellent cup of Coffee. Using fresh coarse ground beans with water between 92 and 96 degrees Celsius brings out the very best in all types of Coffee.
Following are Top 5 recommended French Press coffee maker to buy online
#1 Cafe JEI Moka pot French Press Coffee and Tea Maker
- 4 Layer double stainless steel screen filters
- High grade stainless steel built for excellent look and durability
- Comes with 2 Bonus Stainless Steel Screen coffee filters
- Coffee maker come with Lifetime Support.
The carafe of this French press coffee maker is designed using heavy, tempered and transparent Borosilicate glass with marking level that allows you to feel the pleasure of watching the coffee brew. Glass comes with heat resistant property and is BPA free.
French press moka pot by Café JEI is designed in the European style with clean, modern lines. It features sturdy, strong, heat resistant non-slip handle that ensures ease and convenience while handling.
As a part of accessories, this moka pot comes with 0.25 oz coffee measuring spoon, 2 Bonus Stainless Steel Screen filters and 4 coffee coasters in the package.
The glass beaker comes out easily enough from the steel frame, making it easy to clean up for regular usage. The mesh filter that come along with this French press is although thinner but since it comes in two layers of it so it does their job pretty well.
What makes this product stand out is lifetime the great support from the manufacturer-cum-seller.
#2 InstaCuppa French Press Coffee Maker 600 ML
- 4 part superior filtration system
- Made from premium grade 18/8 stainless steel and extra tough borosilicate glass carafe
- Stainless steel mesh filters.
- Ample 6 cup capacity.
Instacuppa french coffee maker comes with 4 part filtration system that allows a smooth coffee press mechanism and helps you to brew a perfect cup of coffee in just 4 minutes.
Along with complete unit, coffee maker comes with 2 spare mesh filters, these spare filters have a long life and you won’t need to buy filter replacements for a long time.
One good thing abut its borosilicate glass carafe is that it comes with water level markings on its glass carafe. These measurement markings help you to use exact amounts of water and coffee powder to get your perfect brew each time!
This French press can server multipurpose functionality and can be used for fruit squashes, milk frother and buttermilk maker, tea brewer etc.
- Large capacity coffee press maker, made from professional grade 304 double walled stainless steel.
- 4 part superior filtration system for no more cloudy coffee.
- Drop proof and rust proof.
- 10 cup capacity
InstaCuppa French Press Coffee Maker comes with capacity of 1000 ml and is suitable for large gathering and family usages.
Commonly found coffee maker comes with glass units having chips and cracks. This stainless steel version is quite different and superior. The product design, material and fit in one word is ‘EXCELLENT’. It is a great unit to have at home. This large capacity coffee French press is made from professional grade 304 double walled stainless steel and will keep your coffee hot for 60 minutes longer than thinner steel and glass models.
Its 4 part superior filtration system ensures little to no grinds in your brew. The filter gets lock in your coffee flavor and will stop grounds getting into your drink, giving you rid from cloudy coffee.
Besides using the french press as a coffee maker, you can use this to make tea, mct oil coffee, hot chocolate, cold brew, frothed milk, almond milk, cashew milk, fruit infusions, and herbal drinks as it seals in their flavors and aromas.
- 4 level filtration system with double stainless steel screen filters supported by a spring loaded base plate
- 304 grade stainless steel built with carafe made of thick borosilicate glass
- Portable and small enough to fit in a travel bag or backpack
- Comes with 2 filter screens and 1 coffee/tea scoop
This fun modern designed coffee maker is inspired by top Baristas from around the world which reflects durability and style. Inner glass teapot is specially made from borosilicate glass, making it resistant to thermal shock, great for camping.
Because of its excellent look and design, its a perfect gift material to family couples, relatives who loves to brew coffee espresso or tea. Well built coffee expresso tea press Plunger and filter parts constructed with flimsy plastic and rubber are destine to fail.
Coffee maker comes with 3 piece stainless steel infuser filter system which does not add any external flavours and ensure nothing comes between you and your coffee beans.
- Quality Components for Lasting Performance
- Four-Level Filtration System
- Borosilicate Glass Beaker
- Stylish Design with ergonomic handle
Instalite French press coffee maker use 304 grade stainless steel for body as well as for filters which comes with 4 Level superior filtration system and make sure that no coffee grounds reach to your coffee mug. Additionally 304 grade stainless steel provide a resilient shine and rust protection.
Instalite usages double stainless steel screen filters on plunger, which in turn supported by a spring loaded base plate to seal the edges, followed by a final top lid strainer to give you a pure brew with no grounds unlike other cheap presses.
Being portable and small in size, it fit in a travel bag or backpack, so you can bring on camping, hiking or backpacking trips, outdoor activities, or to work or the office.
Frequently Asked Questions
How french press coffee maker works?
French press is a manual coffee maker without any external heating or electricity consumption. It comes with a cylindrical carafe, a plunger and a built-in filter that percolates the coffee.
It needs hot water, coffee grounds as coffee component and requires plunging and bit of stirring.
How use french press coffee maker?
Steps to use.
Step-1: Put ground coffee beans in the french press.
Step-2: Pour hot water (not boiling, just before boiling point) on it
Step-3: Place the press(plunger) on top of surface of water along with lid. Brew it for 5 to 10 mins
Step-4: After the 4-minute brew has completed, press the plunger down and pour out the filtered coffee brew
Note: For using french press brewer fine grounded coffee is not recommended as it will pass through the plunger filter.
Taste of coffee with french press Vs others?
French press coffee making is classic method that effectively extracts any coffee bean’s essential oils, delivering bold unique flavor directly to your cup, that is otherwise lost in paper filters.
French press coffee is dense and heavy and you need to pour it immediately after brewing so it doesn’t become bitter or chalky.
What is french press coffee ratio?
We often struggle to find the ideal ratio of coffee and water to bring best taste to our cup. It obviously comes with experience and intuition when you drive deep into world of french press coffee making.
One tablespoon of about 7-8 grams of coffee to 200 ml of water, is good proportion for preparing coffee. In general, you can pour twice the amount of water than you have coffee onto your grounds. Water temperature is crucial and avoid using boiling water. Just heat up to optimal temperature.
French Press Vs moka pot?
In appearance you will find moka pot as little silver pot, traditionally made as Aluminium, which is either stove-top or electric coffee maker. Moka pot consist of three section.
The bottom chamber contains water which when heated, steam pressure pushes the water through a basket containing ground coffee in middle portion into the collecting chamber which is top most section and it pours coffee to cup for serving.
French press is a manual coffee maker with a cylindrical carafe, a plunger and a built-in filter that percolates the coffee. French Press is a coffee pot with a press action and a filter. Coffee is brewed by placing coarsely ground coffee in the empty beaker and adding hot water in proportions.
French press coffee maker is non electric device and doesn’t required to be heated separately whereas Moka pot requires.
French Press coffee maker buying guide
Important things to keep in mind while buying French press coffee maker
- Filter: Each filter you add to your press adds to the filtration power and increases the purity of your coffee, giving it a delicate and satiny texture! Often used stainless steel filter plate separates the ground coffee beans from the water after the brewing
- Carafe material: Stainless steel with double-wall construction that retains heat roughly four times longer than glass French presses, so it can even be used as a serving carafe at your kitchen table for other beverages. only downside is that you can’t see through the carafe to know how much coffee is left.
- Capacity: Most commonly used 600 ml coffee maker would be suitable if you would make 2-3 cup coffee. A 1000 ml coffee maker one is only helpful when u make several cup of coffees.
- Built design: A good designed french press coffee maker eases your task and works as support. Features like Shatterproof, rustproof, V-shaped glass mouth for puring, ergonomic grip handle etc adds value to your coffee maker.
Key points for making coffee with French Press coffee maker
- Avoid using canned, pre-ground coffee because coffee beans lose their richness within minutes of grinding. It will affect taste and colour.
- Never bring the water to a full boil state…it really does make a difference. Use hot water and not boiled water. If you already boiled water, let it be cooled first for 4-5 minutes.
- If you are looking for storage of coffee ground then use air tight container for the coffee ground. It preserve the freshness of grounded coffee.
- For boiling water use an electric water boiler. it’s much faster and easier to see the water just begins to boil.
- Stir the coffee before putting the lid on. You can use either plastic or rubber stirrer.